Start Your Healthcare Career Now
Nashville State Community College, HCA Healthcare Foundation/TriStar Health, and Metro Nashville Public Schools (MNPS) have teamed up to create a new accelerated career pipeline to the high-demand healthcare industry. Working together, the three organizations are educating and creating a pathway for needed patient care technicians, particularly for residents in historically underserved areas, in healthcare facilities throughout the Metro Nashville area.
What is a Patient Care Technician?
Whether in a hospital, nursing home, long-term care facility, or a doctor’s office, technicians play a vital role in patient care. Working directly with patients and nurses, technicians typically assist with:
- Managing food and liquid intake
- Monitoring vital signs
- Drawing blood
- Serving meals
- Administering IVs
- Changing bedding
Benefits of a Patient Care Technician:
- High-demand career position in the healthcare industry
- Average pay is $18 an hour
- Provide critical primary care to patients
- Being a patient care technician can serve as a stepping stone to becoming a Licensed Practical Nurse/Registered Nurse or other healthcare careers
Students will receive two weeks of classroom and lab instruction in a state-of-the-art simulation lab at the Nashville State Community College White Bridge campus.
- At least 18 years old
- Must be able to pass drug and background screening (to be eligible for possible post-program employment)
March 27 – April 6
White Bridge Campus
How to Apply
Should you have any questions, please contact email@example.com