Industrial Readiness Training
March 15 - March 23
The Industrial Readiness Training program is a partnership with Nashville State Community College, manufacturers, and the Northern Middle TN Workforce Board to provide relevant skills training for entry-level manufacturing jobs in Middle TN. The training is approved for WIOA funding in the northern Middle TN region and supported by a Governor’s Give Grant. Results show improvement in Work Keys® career readiness knowledge and mechanical aptitude.
The Industrial Readiness Program consists of six major components:
- Pre-Test: assess job-related knowledge and abilities that can be used to identify readiness for specific jobs (Reading, Applied Math, Locating Information, i.e., reading charts, etc.) Bronze rating required as a minimum to participate in the program.
- Post-Test determines Bronze, Silver, or Gold ranking.
2. Mechanical Aptitude: Scientific Management Techniques/SMT equipment
- Pre-Test: assesses mechanical aptitude, or the ability to “figure it out”, not necessarily experience.
- Post-Test: assesses aptitude level once training on SMT equipment is completed.
3. Key Train®
- An online, self-paced training program designed to enhance a person’s job readiness knowledge and skills covered in the WorkKeys® tests.
- Used by individuals to improve WorkKeys® scores.
4. Industrial Readiness Training
- Climate & Culture
- Communication (appropriate business and interpersonal communication)
- Team Building
- Technical Math – applied math
- Lean & Waste Management
- Basic Machine
5. Industry Certifications
- OSHA 10
- WorkKeys® Career Readiness Certificate: Bronze, Silver, or Gold ranking.
6. Follow-up Data Collection
- Job Offers, Retention at 30, 90, and 180 days.
This 49-hour program can be presented in a standard or customized format. Employers are pleased with how quickly the employees integrate into their organization as valued employees, and at the much higher than average retention.
Register Here for the session listed below.
March 15-23, 2021 (Mon-Fri)
8:00am – 3:30pm
If you are unable to attend this session, consider one of our other sessions.